Pulled Chicken with White Sauce, Smoked and dressed up with Mayonnaise
Alabama: Pulled Chicken with White Sauce, smoked chicken gets dressed up with mayonnaise-based Alabama white sauce in this BBQ staple – don’t knock that creamy sauce till you try it!
- 1/2 c. hickory wood chips
- 1 Chicken
- Vegetable oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. Mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. Distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 c. Apple juice
- 1 tsp. Prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Light a gas grill.
- Wrap the hickory wood chips in heavy-duty foil and pierce the packet all over with a skewer.
- Add the foil packet to the grill.
- Cover and let the wood chips begin to smoke, about 5 minutes.
Brush the chicken with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken, covered, over moderately high heat, turning and shifting the pieces occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the vinegar, apple juice, horseradish, lemon juice, and cayenne and season with 1 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Transfer the barbecue sauce to a pitcher and serve with the chicken.
Hope this was helpful? Yummy outcome right? Enjoy and make sure you share the recipe with friends!